Most Americans have no illusions about what’s been going on at the southern border on the watch of the Biden administration.
Yet, this all happens just as Sleepy Joe is using taxpayer money to fence off his summer house.
Not Just a Tsunami
Since Joe Biden entered the White House, he’s been instituting an informal “open border” policy.
Data from Customs and Border Patrol shows since Biden became president, more than three million illegal immigrants have invaded the US; more than one million of them have been released freely inside the country.
To top that, more than an estimated 800,000 illegal gotaways are believed to have managed to get into the US undetected.
Illegal immigration data shows in the 2021 fiscal year (October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2021), the US saw 1.66 million illegal migrant apprehensions (the number of gotaways not included).
In the first ten months of the 2022 fiscal year, that number is already at 1.82 million apprehensions.
The hands-off approach of the Biden administration and the Democrat-dominated Congress led the Republican-led administrations in border states – such as Arizona and Texas – to try to do something about the crisis on their own.
Texas’ GOP Governor Greg Abbott has been sending illegals by bus to Washington, DC, and New York City in order to raise awareness about the problem caused by the actions of the Biden administration.
Arizona’s Republican Governor Doug Ducey is trying to plug gaps in the unfinished border wall by using makeshift materials, such as giant shipping containers and razor wire.
Big problem for Biden and every Democrat on the ballot. A majority of Americans see the situation at our southern border as an invasion IN AN NPR POLL.
How embarrassing for NPR. https://t.co/OxBrWfQkOO
— Ultra Eric (@01ota) August 18, 2022
The #BorderCrisis constitutes an “invasion,” a majority of Americans said in a new poll.
— The Epoch Times (@EpochTimes) August 20, 2022
Americans Know Who’s Causing Invasion While Fencing Himself Off
A total of 53% of Americans now think the deluge of illegals inundating the nation is an invasion, according to the results from a new public opinion poll by NPR and Ipsos.
28% of Americans consider a statement that the illegal immigration tsunami is an invasion to be “completely true,” while another 25% said it is “somewhat true” – for a combined total of 53%.
At the same time, exactly half of the respondents believe the border crisis to be at least partially responsible for the deaths from illegal narcotics in the US.
A total of 22% of those polled said they are certain illegals are smuggling fentanyl and other drugs, while 28% considered that to be “somewhat true.”
Against this backdrop, the Biden administration is spending close to $500,000 of taxpayer money in order to put up a security fence around Biden’s beach house in Rehoboth, Delaware.
The project already sparked outrage when it started in September 2021, through the Department of Homeland Security.
However, at the time, it was estimated to cost $456,000. Now, its cost has climbed to almost exactly half a million dollars, Breitbart News reported.
Biden’s security fence for his own summer house is supposed to be completed by June 2023, by which time the United States may have received another two to three million extra illegal immigrants.
The pinkos over at National Public Radio must have turned purple with rage over this news from their poll with Ipsos: A majority surveyed rightly think that if border agents encounter 1.9 million illegals in 10 months, that’s called an invasionhttps://t.co/Ov5bw5zLpH
— VDARE (@vdare) August 19, 2022